Four new models in the Cat mini hydraulic excavator lineup incorporate industry-first standard features, such as joystick steering (Stick Steer) and a tilt-up canopy or cab, as well as new options, including air conditioning and expandable undercarriages across the range.
The new range allows customers expanded choices for matching machine capabilities and machine features to the applications: 301.5 (1.5-ton class, standard tail swing, with canopy); 301.7 CR (1.7-ton class, compact radius, with canopy); 301.8 (1.8-ton class, standard tail swing, with either canopy or cab); 302 CR (2.0-ton class, compact radius, with either canopy or cab).
The standard Stick Steer system allows the operator to switch (with the touch of a button) from conventional lever/foot-pedal steering controls to left-hand joystick control. Stick Steer provides the benefit of less effort with improved operator control. Automatic two-speed travel is also standard.
- Minimum operating weights from 3,500 to 4,900 lbs., depending on machine configuration
- Standard dig depths of 7 ft. 8 in. or 7 ft. 9 in., with long stick increasing dig depth to 8 ft. 4 in. or 8 ft. 5 in.
- 19.2-net-hp Cat C1.1 three-cylinder, Tier 4 Final diesel engine with engine idle control and automatic shutdown systems
- Load-sensing hydraulic system with electronically controlled variable displacement piston pump capable of oil flows to 17.4 gpm
- Standard auxiliary hydraulic system provides one-way, two-way and continuous flow
- Equipped with a thumb-ready package and a certified lifting eye
- Standard expandable undercarriage
- Dozer blade features ample travel, above and below grade, has a float function and allows “dig-to-blade” operation
- Next Generation LCD monitor provides easy-to-read machine information and features a jog dial for easy, ergonomic interaction with the monitor
- Tilt-up cab allows access to major hydraulic components with a simple process that can be completed in under five minutes